Department of Higher Secondary Education Kerala
Consistent with the National Education Policy of 1986, Government decided to delink Pre-degree Courses from colleges in a phased manner and to introduce 10+2 system in the High Schools of Kerala. Accordingly, Kerala Higher Secondary Department was formed in 1990 and the course was introduced in 31 selected Government high schools in the State to reorganize secondary and collegiate education. The two-year course was named as Higher Secondary (Plus Two) Course.
The process of de-linking Pre-degree courses from colleges was completed by the academic year 2000-2001. A total of 1907 Higher Secondary Schools are functioning in the State; 760 in government sector, 686 in aided sector and 461 in unaided sector. The system is offering Science, Humanities and Commerce stream courses to 6.5 lakhs students . There are more than 20,000 teachers in government and aided sectors.
The main objective of the department is to impart best quality higher education to the eligible students of the State who complete their SSLC/equivalent level education. In order to achieve this objective, the department conducts courses in Science, Humanities and Commerce streams in the Higher Secondary Schools and imparts timely training to teachers.
Every student under going Higher Secondary Course has to study 6 subjects as detailed below:
Part –I English (compulsory)
Part-II Any one of the Second Language offered in the School.
The Part –II languages offered for Higher Secondary courses are Malayalam, Hindi, Arabic, Sanskrit, Tamil, Urdu, Kannada, Syriac, French, Russian, Latin and GermanPart-III –Combination of four subjects The combinations offered are:
1.Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
2.Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science.
3. Physics, Chemistry, Home Science and Biology,
4. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Home Science.
5. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Electronics.
6. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Geology.
7.Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science and Geology.
8.Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics
9. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology.
1.History, Economics, Political Science and Geography
2.History, Economics, Political Science and Sociology
3.History, Economics, Political Science and Geology
4.History, Economics, Political Science and Music
5.History, Economics, Political Science and Gandhian Studies
6.History, Economics, Political Science and Philosophy
7.History, Economics, Political Science and Social Work.
8.Islamic History and Culture, Economics, Political Science and Geography
9.Islamic History and Culture, Economics, Political Science and Sociology
10. Sociology, Social work, Psychology and Gandhian Studies
11.History, Economics, Political Science and Psychology
12. History, Economics, Political Science and Anthropology
13.History, Economics, Geography and Malayalam
14. History, Economics, Geography and Hindi
15.History, Economics, Geography and Arabic
16. History, Economics, Geography and Urdu
17.History, Economics, Geography and Kannada
18.History, Economics, Geography and Tamil
19. History, Economics, Sanskrit Sahithya and Sanskrit Sastra
20.History, Philosophy, Sanskrit Sahitya and Sanskrit Sastra.
21. History, Economics, Political Science and Statistics.
22.Sociology, Social Work, Psychology and Statistics.
23. Economics, Statistics, Anthropology and Social work
24. Economics, Gandhian Studies, Communicative English and Computer applications.
25. Journalism, English Literature, Communicative English and Psychology
26. History, Economics, Sociology and Malayalam
27. History, Economics, Political Science and Malayalam
28.History, Economics, Gandhian Studies and Malayalam
29.Social Work, Journalism, Communicative English and Computer Applications.
30.History, Economics, Sociology and Hindi
31. History, Economics, Sociology and Arabic.
32.Sociology,Journalism,Communicative English and Computer Application
b. Commerce Group
1.Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Mathematics.
2.Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Statistics.
3.Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Political Science.
4.Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Computer Applications
The Directorate conducts the various HS Examinations for students of Open School, Technical Schools, Kalamandalam Arts School, Schools in Lakshadeep, Mahe and Gulf Countries along with the students of the Higher Seondary Schools. Department conducts the following examinations for the students:
- Second Year Higher Secondary Examination in March
- First Year Higher Secondary Examination in March
- Second Year Higher Secondary SAY/Improvement Examination in June
- First Year Higher Secondary Improvement/Supplementary Examination in August
Examination Branch also issues the following certificates
Certificate to candidates attending the various Higher Secondary examinations are:
- Migration Certificate
- Duplicate Certificate
- Confidential Mark list
- Equivalency Certificate
- Other Certificate on request for specific purposes
The students of Plus One and Plus Two can participate in the Kerala School Kalolsavam. Higher Secondary School Students can participate in 97 items of the Kalolsavam. Competition will be held at school level, Sub District level, Revenue District level and State level. The participant with top score and A grade will qualify to the next level of competition. Those students who secure 70% or more are awarded A grade those who secure 60% to 69% marks are awarded B grade and those with 50% to 59% are awarded C grade.
Faculty Development Programme
Faculty Development Programme is introduced by the Government to impart quality education in the Higher Secondary Sector through continuous empowerment of the teacher community. Every year 3 to 4 days of training is imparted to all the Higher Secondary school teachers for enhancing transactional/evaluation skills besides exposing them to the modern methods in teaching.
for jobs www.mgcjob.com